BA Arch(Hons) Pg Dip. Arch RIBA MRIAI, Certified Passive House Designer
Donal is a Registered Architect and Partner at DH Ryan Architects. He worked in the UK with Quattro Design Architects for nearly 5 years prior to returning to Ireland in 2006. While working with Quattro, Donal was the project Architect on a number of Sure Start Childrens Centres in Birmingham and Bristol.
Since returning to work in Ireland, Donals interest and expertise in Buildings for Children has led to the practice being appointed Architects for a number of Childrens Centres in Tipperary, Kilkenny and Dublin. These projects range in value from €1.075 million to €1.2 million.
His passion for landscape design helped him secure a Silver Gilt medal at the Dublin Bloom Garden Festival in the Phoenix Park in 2010. The garden was commissioned by the Irish Preschool Playgroups Association.
Donal is one of only a handful of Registered Architects in the UK and Ireland to become certified by the Passive House Institute in Darmstadt, Germany. He is now listed on the International Certified Passive House Designer register maintained by the German Institute.
Donal is a Graduate of Plymouth University, UK and a member of the Royal Institute of British Architects, the Royal Institute of the Architects of Ireland and a Certified Passive House Designer.
BA Arch(Hons) Pg Dip. Humane
Hugh is the founding Partner of DH Ryan Architects. After graduating from Plymouth University in 2002 he returned to Ireland where he set about establishing his name in the residential and commercial sectors.
He has been involved in the design and project management of a number of sizeable projects including the Anner Hotel Thurles and Thurles Retail Park. He has also been involved in a number of successful residential developments.
Hugh has been engaged by The Ursuline Primary School and Christian Brothers Primary School, Thurles for the past five years to manage all summer and emergency works.
- Thurles Chamber Enterprise Centre.
- Thurles CBS School Extension.
- New Pharmacy in Thurles Town Centre.
- 5 no. one-off private dwellings.
- Cabragh Wetlands Interpretative Centre.
- Thurles Medical Centre.
- Passive House Thurles.
- Thurles Sarsfields Social Centre and Sports Hall redevelopment.
- New Shopping Centre / Re-development of the old Erin Foods Factory, Thurles.
- Freshford Childrens Centre Phase 2.
- 7 no. one-off private dwellings.
- Limerick Institute of Technology Tipperary, Thurles Campus- proposed extensions.
- 7 no apartments complex.
- Office fit-outs in Nenagh and Roscrea.
- 3 no. one-off private dwellings.